José Ramón Callén
- Ironman Certified Coach.
- Triathlon, Athletics and Swimming Coach (Spanish National Federations).
- University Bachelor’s Degree: Science in Physical Activity and Sports.
- National Award: Spanish Ministry of Education and Culture to the Best Student in Physical Activity and Sports (University Bachelor’s Degree: 2001).
- University Degree in Nursing.
- Master: Medical Sciences Applied to Sport.
- Retül University: Certified Bike Fitter.
- Courses, Congresses, Seminars and Specific Education in Training, Physiology and Sports Performance.
- Personal Coach in Individual Sports: Triathletes, Cyclists, Athletes, Swimmers, Skiers, Alpinists, Sailors (since 2001).
- Physical Trainer in Collective Sports: Futbol Club Barcelona “B” (2008-2012).
- Department of Physiology of the High Performance Center of Sant Cugat del Vallés, Barcelona (2000).
- Professor of “Theory of Training” and “Sports Nutrition” in the Bachelor of Science of Physical Activity and Sports. Faculty Blanquerna (University Ramon Llull) (2003-2007).
- Professor of the National School of Coaches of the Spanish Triathlon Federation (2004-2006).
- Invited Professor at INEF-Huesca, INEFC-Barcelona, INEFC-Lleida, La Laguna University (Tenerife).
- Scientific Publications: Congresses, Courses, Specialized Journals.
- 2002. Lanzarote. (Spain).
- 2003. Zurich. (Switzerland).
- 2004. Frankfurt. (Germany).
- 2005. Klagenfurt. (Austria).
- 2006. Sherborne. (United Kingdom).
- 2007. Busselton. (Australia).
- 2008. Zurich. (Switzerland).
- 2009. Nice. (France).
- 2010. Klagenfurt. (Austria).
- 2011. Coeur d’Alene. (USA).
- 2012. Regensburg. (Germany).
- 2013. Florianópolis. (Brazil).
- 2013. Lake Tahoe. (USA).
- 2014. Lanzarote. (Spain).
- 2014. Kona-Hawaii. (USA).
- 2015. Cairns. (Australia).
- 2015. Mallorca. (Spain).
- 2016. Texas. (USA).
- 2016. Maryland. (USA).
- 2017. Port Elizabeth. (South Africa).
- 2017. Cozumel. (Mexico).
- 2018. Taupo. (New Zealand).
- 2018. Florida (USA).
5xIRONMAN AWA (All World Athlete). 2014-2015-2016-2017-2018
Multiple IRONMAN 70.3 including IRONMAN World Championship 70.3 Las Vegas (USA).
Multiple endurance races: Triathlons, Half Marathons, Marathons, Road Cycling, Open Water Races, etc.
My life dedicated to sport.
I have been training athletes of all levels (from professionals who have competed in the Olympic Games to amateurs who want to cross a finish line for the first time) the last 17 years, applying in all of them a balanced proposal between what the science of sport can contribute to their training plans and what they personally have to invest to achieve the goals that they dream to conquer.
This balance between data and passion is the key for athletes from all over the world to continue contacting me to achieve their goals. And in that balance I have found my “formula”, my own system, the one that I apply through my proposal: JO:SE:RRA, my personal brand.
My lifestyle has the daily essential component of training for the next competition, something that gives me that first-person knowledge of what I later apply to other athletes, as well as being my way of life.
Thanks to that balance I have finished 22 IRONMAN all over the world, including the IRONMAN World Championship in Hawái and also adding the IRONMAN World Championship 70.3 in Las Vegas to the multiple endurance races in which I have participated.
Definitely, the balance between data and passion in sport identify my brand.
News, events, posts, courses,….